IT’S MY BIRTHDAY! – yes i have officially hit 25 years old, half way to 50, the quarter-century mark. WOW.
I feel like I’ve changed so much over recent years, when I look back on who I was and who I am now I would not recognise the old version of me. One thing which hasn’t changed is the way I choose to celebrate my birthday I’m not one to go OTT to celebrate my birthday, I’m quite a low key person i just don’t like the fuss. So i thought i would just share a reflective post today on 25 life lessons I’ve learned through out my 25 years and how i plan to bring them into the 25th year of my life! I love writing reflective posts like this as i look back on them when things start to get on top of me so here goes:
- Sometimes you have to let people go, it’s hard but you just have to be strong and let them go do their thing.
- Going to the gym alone in your 20’s is scary.
- Always be kind.
- Don’t take life too seriously, always try to find the fun!
- Chocolate is always a good idea.
- Don’t save anything for a special occasion! Use the nice bag, wear the white trainers, burn the candles!
- You are in charge of your own happiness!
- If you don’t ask, you don’t get.
- Jealously, having a bad attitude and sulking are the worst possible traits – don’t be that person!
- Stop comparing yourself to others.
- You can not control how others feel towards you. Just let them be, concentrate on you.
- You don’t have to win EVERY argument – agree to disagree!
- Always aim to pay off your credit card every month. Debt isn’t fun.
- Learn to spend time alone and like it, it’s freeing and empowering to love and enjoy your own company!
- It’s ok to be different and not follow the norm.
- Leave the past in the past.
- Always be there for the people you care about. Always, no questions asked.
- Things will work out one way or another, it’s ok that your life isn’t where you thought it would be.
- Never ignore people. Never, no excuses.
- Make sure to laugh every day!
- Listen with your heart, act with your brain.
- Go for walks or go swimming, damn it just exercise!
- When in doubt, take the next small step.
- Never let an argument last, never hold a grudge, never go to bed angry.
- The best is yet to come…
So heres to the 25th year of my life, lets hope it’s a happy one! x